Association des parents des élèves de l’Ecole européenne de Bruxelles III - APEEE
Effective since: May 25th 2018
Pursuant to Article 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such (in English "GDPR"), any time personal data are processed (e.g. surname, first name, photo, email address, IP address, etc.), the user must be informed thereof.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
The APEEE is the controller of your personal data.
Here is our complete contact information:
AISBL - Association des parents des élèves de l’Ecole européenne de Bruxelles III,
Boulevard du Triomphe 135, 1050 – Ixelles, Belgium
Belgian business registry (BCE) number: 0475328209.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your data - personal or otherwise - for various reasons which are defined in the following point (see point 3). It includes the following data:
- i) your identifying information (surname, first name, parental status, e-mail address, child’s date of birth and home address);
- ii) For the purpose of electronic payments we collect your preferred payment method like Bank Transfer or DIRECT DEBIT. In case you pay via a third party payment processor (currently Mollie regarding the payment of annual family subscription fee and any ad-hoc payments for Springfest or on specific occasions) you provide your financial account information which is transmitted to the payment processor but is not stored in our system;
- iii) Our communications (by email, telephone or SMS);
- v) Your browsing preferences;
- vi) Any other data that you would communicate to us.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data mainly to send our newsletter, process your enrolment requests, improve our service and, more generally, to easily communicate with you. Finally, your data also allow us to improve and facilitate your navigation on our website.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
5. ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
6. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 3).
In case of financial data, we are obliged by law to maintain them for a maximum duration of seven (7) years. In case of other personal data, they are kept for a maximum period of five (5) years after the completion of studies, unless otherwise requested by the parent. In the latter case, data are erased from our backups from one (1) month to one (1) year.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN THEY BE EXERCISED?
You may, at any time, request to verify, access, rectify, delete and object to the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data to the extent that this is compatible with the essential functions of our services regulations. To do so, simply send us an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then make every effort to take the necessary action as soon as possible.
8. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA AND TO WHOM ARE THEY COMMUNICATED?
Our employees and subcontractors have access to your data only to the extent necessary for processing your enrolment and/or for fulfilling the objectives pursued (see point 3). Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality. The European School Brussels III may be the sole recipient of our data.
9. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
We do not transfer your data to a non-EU country.
10. HOW TO RECEIVE OUR COMMUNICATION?
In the past you were receiving our newsletters as all contacts in our database did. You can now unsubscribe and withdraw your consent to these communications at any time by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
11. WHAT IS OUR POLICY ON DATA CONCERNING MINORS?
APEEEB3 does not knowingly provide access to any child on our platform and will only do so when a parental consent is given for either using our system by your child via your account or by us creating a user account for the children to manage the use of our services.
13. WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE?
In the event of a dispute between us, we commit to give priority to dialogue and openness in search of an amicable solution. You can also contact the Data Protection Authority.